As part of Governor’s Early Literacy Foundation’s (GELF) “Stop the Slide!” Summer Reading campaign, GELF is promoting the importance of reading over the summer to combat learning loss. “Booker’s Book Club,” named after our owl mascot, encourages students, families, partners, followers, etc. to read over the summer by providing book suggestions, reading tips, and activities. On social media, GELF will showcase a selected book from the K-3 Home Library program for Booker’s Book Club that families can read on their own as well as activities related to the books. Below are links to downloadable activities related to Booker’s Book Club and the K-3 Home Library program books that students are receiving this summer.
Booker’s Book Club Activities
- Booker’s Book Club Certificate – Officially Join Booker’s Book Club!
- Booker’s Book Bus Coloring Sheet – Help Booker pick the color of his Book Bus!
- Fly with Booker Flat Stanley – Cut-out Booker to bring him along on your adventures this summer.
- Booker’s Word Search – Help Booker find his favorite summer words.
- Booker’s Book BINGO! Challenge – Compete in Booker’s reading challenge this summer by completing different tasks.
- Booker’s Classroom Clean-up – Help Booker clean his classroom by finding different items.
- Meet Booker Hand-out – Get to know Booker and share things about yourself.
- Reading BOOKS! Activity Card – Great for a rainy day or long car ride.